Valve End Connections type?

Asked by phamus 6 years, 1 month ago | 2 Answers

How many types of valve end connections are available in the industry?

2 Answers

NewtonTishle 6 years, 1 month ago
Flanged type: a flanged valve intended for conventional bolt-up to mating pipe flanges. Such valves can be either single flange type, or equipped with body end flanges. Welding end (buttweld end) type: a valve body intended for installation by full penetration welding. Wafer or Flangeless type: a flannels valve body (exclusive of the valve bonnet area) that is centered within the pipe flange bolt circle, leaving the bolts exposed to the atmosphere. A wafer valve is held in position only by the compressive forces from mating pipe flanges.

Normandy 6 years, 1 month ago
Another valve end connection is the lug type which is a flangeless valve body that is equipped with lugs (either through drilled or threaded) to allow for bolt-up and positioning between pipe flanges

Related Posts

Valve Leak-By Test Procedures
Valve Leak-By Test Procedures

OverviewThis testing guidance is designed to aid in developing test procedures for a specific project by describing the steps involved …

Automatic Isolation Valves Test Procedures
Automatic Isolation Valves Test Procedures

The methods described below apply to valves designed to isolate equipment, such as chillers, boilers, and cooling towers, from the …

Application and Limitation of using gate, globe, and check valves
Application and Limitation of using gate, globe, and check valves

Single or double valves at a classification change should be suitable for the more severe line classification on either side …