Responsible for delivery of welding engineering activities, such as R&D, welding procedure qualification, weld procedure development and implementation. The Welding Engineer will assist in the achievement of strategic objectives and best practice for the Welding Engineering Department
Welding Engineer Manager
- The position is given accountability according to the global Authorisation Matrix and Company Code of Business Conduct.
- Mandate in accordance with current regional Approval Matrix.
Promote and ensure compliance with the Pipeline Production Team philosophies and commitment to Subsea 7 vision and values
Develop and provide effective interfaces
- Build / enhance relationships between PPT departments, wider Subsea7 and end client
Support Tender Submissions
- Support Business Development and Commercial Department during the preparation of tender submissions and negotiations
- Assist in developing technical solutions and prepare technical qualifications for bid to meet client enquiry
- Assist Commercial Department to develop an accurate estimate of time, resource and materials
- Assist in the identification of risks
Manage the delivery of welding projects
- Manage WPQT activities and ensure targets are monitored and met
- Produce documentation, schedules and procedures
- Provide advice and support to ensure onsite welding engineering support is effective.
- Review and drive the status of welding projects, support resolution of issues, provide technical assistance and take corrective / improvement action as required.
- Monitor and drive performance of welding engineering projects responsible for and take action as required.
- Assist in developing and implementing effective risk management solutions
- Ensure effective communication is maintained with clients and other departments
- Development of systems / procedures and delivery of excellence
- Assist in monitoring technical developments / requirements and evaluate implications for PPG
- Assist Welding Engineering Manager to identify, develop and improve tools and systems to enable Welding Engineers to execute and deliver projects more effectively.
- Review lessons learned for similar projects and ensure improvements are implemented for projects responsible for.
Attributes / Skills / Required / Sought
Skills and behavioural expectations:
Experience and Education
Qualifications and experience:
- HNC minimum – Degree preferable
- European / International Welding Specialist Qualification or MSc in Welding Engineering; experience in lieu of qualification is considered.
- Min 2 years Welding Engineer Level Experience