- The position is given accountability according to the global Authorisation Matrix and Company Code of Business Conduct.
- Mandate in accordance with current regional Approval Matrix.
Promote and ensure compliance with the Pipeline Production Team philosophies and commitment to Subsea 7 vision and values
Develop and provide effective interfaces
- Build / enhance relationships between PPT departments, wider Subsea7 and end client
Support Tender Submissions
- Support Business Development and Commercial Department during the preparation of tender submissions and negotiations
- Assist in developing technical solutions and prepare technical qualifications for bid to meet client enquiry
- Assist Commercial Department to develop an accurate estimate of time, resource and materials
- Assist in the identification of risks
Manage the delivery of welding projects
- Manage WPQT activities and ensure targets are monitored and met
- Produce documentation, schedules and procedures
- Provide advice and support to ensure onsite welding engineering support is effective.
- Review and drive the status of welding projects, support resolution of issues, provide technical assistance and take corrective / improvement action as required.
Monitor and drive performance of welding engineering projects responsible for and take action as required.
Assist in developing and implementing effective risk management solutions
Ensure effective communication is maintained with clients and other departments
- Development of systems / procedures and delivery of excellence
Assist in monitoring technical developments / requirements and evaluate implications for PPG
Assist Welding Engineering Manager to identify, develop and improve tools and systems to enable Welding Engineers to execute and deliver
projects more effectively.
Review lessons learned for similar projects and ensure improvements are implemented for projects responsible for.
Attributes / Skills / Required / Sought
Skills and behavioural expectations:
- Demonstrates commitment to and promotes Subsea7 vision and values
- Assumes responsibility for WPQT project
- Communicates effectively and articulately at all levels, internally and externally.
- Effective project activity management
- Demonstrates positive attitude and flexibility in work approach.
- Is risk focused and demonstrates good analytical skills when making decisions
- shows awareness of, and works well to deadlines
- Demonstrates effective planning and awareness of overall company objectives
- Demonstrates professional approach when representing PPT, builds and enhances relationships with client and manages interfaces effectively.
- Shows commitment to self-improvement, education and development.
Experience and Education
Qualifications and experience:
- HNC minimum – Degree preferable
- European / International Welding Specialist Qualification or MSc in Welding Engineering; experience in lieu of qualification is considered.
- Min 2 years Welding Engineer Level Experience