Apply in-depth technical knowledge and hands-on experiences in welding processes, welding technologies, and metallurgical issues relating to high-pressure valves for critical-service applications in global power, oil and gas, and chemical industries: · Be a daily welding engineering resource for code compliance, rework disposition, and process improvement for manufacturing operations to support production schedules, training/coaching, weld repairs, calibrations and welding qualifications.
- Prepare and qualify Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) and Procedure Qualification Records (PQR).
- Oversee training and qualification of Welding and Welding Operators (WPQ and WOPQ) in accordance with ASME, RCCM,
- and other codes and standards.
- Advance technology and process improvement projects, plan/monitor/document code-compliant welds, take a leading role
- in continuously improving excellence in manual, semi-automatic and machine welding.
- Assist in the selection and maintenance of welding, nondestructive examination, heat treatment, and metallurgical
- examination and testing equipment needed to support production.
- Provide technical support for welding and nondestructive examination for equipment, and personnel qualification to assure
- compliance with customer order, code, and standard requirements.
- Strive to optimize weld quality and process controls to meet all NDE requirements with minimal rework and avoid additional
- manufacturing costs.
- Identify and address potential welding process issues early, for lowest change costs, during design, build, programming
- and launch.
- Create methods and mechanisms of continuous improvement in the specification, procurement, build, programming and
- installation of welding automation.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on welding manufacturing experience including mechanized and automated welding applications.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of combined working experience in welding engineering, welding process qualification, welder
- training, heat treatment.
- Must have working experience in SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, FCAW, PAW in fabrication, repair and hard facing applications.
- Must have strong technical knowledge of welding, metallurgy, heat treating, and material specifications to support
- manufacturing operations.
- Must have working knowledge of codes including ASME Section I, II, III, V, and IX, ASTM and ANSI, ASNT.
- Be able to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with customers, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Welding Engineering, Metallurgy, Materials Engineering, or similar Engineering disciplines.
Preferred Experience / Skills: · NDE experience
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
- Experience with nuclear and NQA-1 requirements.
- Experience with European welding code RCCM
- Previous experience as a Production Welder