Oceaneering | USA, Chesapeake
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop technical reports/instructions through review of applicable drawings and references, to include all available TVD, LARs, CRs and pending revision information.
- Develop engineering sketches or drawings in support of technical solutions.
- Produce DFSs for submission to NAVSEA.
- Prepare LARs for submittal to the applicable PY.
- Provide support in the determination of technical accuracy and evaluation of requests for drawing requirement clarification/drawing revision to onsite production personnel.
- Interface with Purchasing Department, Technical Staff, and vendors as required to develop Job Material Lists as a result of Condition Reports.
- Assist in maintaining the master database of technical documents on electronic media for configuration management in accordance with published procedures.
- Read, understand, and interpret blueprints, drawings, schematics, and specifications of testing requirements for all contracts.
- Provide recommended resolution to conditions reported on Condition Reports. Resolution will include all associated research, identified discrepancies, corrective course of action and applicable Technical Authority concurrence when required. Provide process improvement recommendations to the Engineering Specialist Supervisor
- Attend project meetings to provide input as necessary.
- A. S. in engineering discipline preferred; High School/GED required.
- Five years of experience in military, government, defense industry, or private industry in progressively more complex scientific, technical, analytical, or other related areas, with at least three years of experience in relevant ship repair or Submarine Systems may be substituted for degree. Experience involving shipboard piping systems, ship and submarine structure, and/or weapons delivery systems is desired.
- Working knowledge of the following: Scope of Certification (SOC), DDS Specifications, SUBSAFE, Material Control (SOC, <SS>, L1); JFMM Requirements for Deviations, Waivers, LARs, etc.; shipboard HM&E systems (repair/installation practices, procedures, alignments, troubleshooting, etc.), blue prints, MILSPEC, Mil-Std, ISO/ASME requirements.
- Familiarity with various COTS (Commercial off the Shelf) software, as well as US Navy software (ATIS, SVTMs, PMS, SCLSIS, PC Bolts, etc.). Effectively communicates with personnel at a management level and outside the company.
- Ability to obtain a clearance.
- Strong computer skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and PeopleSoft experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Background knowledge in government and commercial contract requirements.