Oceaneering | USA, Chesapeake
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs moderately difficult engineering tasks and conventional design that may be varied in nature.
- Good technical judgment and some independent evaluation, originality and ingenuity are expected.
- Develops schedules and estimates for assigned tasks and prepares reports on the results of the work accomplished.
- Reviews Engineering Work Packages (TGIs) related to project.
- Writes/reviews Engineering Change documents (CRs, LARs, DFSs) related to project.
- Develops/reviews engineering calculation packages and drawings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Ocean or Nuclear) or Naval Architecture from accredited college or university.
- Minimum of two years practical experience in Engineering, work experience with the US Department of Defense projects is desirable.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products required.
- Strong technical writing skills are preferred.
- Proficiency using CAD software such as AutoCad, SolidWorks and MathCad preferred.
- Engineer in Training (passed FE exam) preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge through successful performance on the next lower engineering level.
- Demonstrates knowledge and effective use of the principles, practices, and procedures of a particular field of specialization and understanding of related engineering fields.
- Understands collection, analysis, interpretation and application of typical engineering project performance metrics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of military, and commercial, construction and material specifications applicable to Submarine or Deep Submergence System work.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SUBAFE or SOC requirements.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% and may be required to travel longer duration to support project needs.
This position is considered OFFICE/ OUTDOORS/ SHOP which is characterized as follows.
- Partially, indoors and outdoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels
- Light is intense/glare
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases
- Includes exposure to contaminants
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people
- Requires working indoors in non-controlled environmental conditions