This position plays a critical role in ensuring ETSOM meets operational performance expectations by;
- Providing technical expertise supporting support groups to resolve complex issues and incidents.
- Making proactive/predictive and preemptive interventions including the use of data and analytics.
- Providing strong steer for future tooling requirements to embrace Automation using Data & Analytics.
- Developing and sustaining the required technical skills.
- To ensure relevant ITIL processes are effective across internal and external organizational boundaries.
- Supports Traffic Engineering manager and ETSOM staff in developing their technical knowledge in relevant services.
- Develop and maintain technical skills and working relationships within Shell and externally such that the operational performance of the Connectivity scope is secure, reliable and meets performance objectives.
- Ensure sustainable resolutions of all major operational problems in the Connectivity services scope.
- Act as the Connectivity SOMs ‘technical expert’ when liaising with architects and other SMEs.
- Member of the Connectivity extended Leadership Team and as such shares in a number of technical activities (supporting onboarding).
- Participate in a broad range of DRBs/Steering Teams for New Service Developments and Products.
- Support Vendor engagements to ensure that technical offerings and solutions are fit for operational support.
- Portfolio complexity: A number of global suppliers are active in the portfolio including AT&T, BT, Vodafone, T-Mobile, various internet service providers globally and Cisco.
- The Traffic Engineer will manage ‘level 3’ activities for all Enterprise Services for the complete Connectivity portfolio globally. The incumbent directly interfaces with both supplier and business IT stakeholders across all lines of business. These services are critical in providing the foundation layer for all IT in Shell. As The internet becomes more prevalent the incumbent should have an extensive knowledge of Internet technologies and protocols.
- You will manage activities with some autonomy driven by operational nature and real time criticality of the role. Scope covers the complete Connectivity estate (60,000 devices in 70 countries providing 25 different IT services). The operational nature of the role will require out of hours working, sometimes unplanned and oncall.
What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Minimum eight (8) years of relevant IT experience with leadership experience.
- Bachelor's Degree related to Information Technology or equivalent work experience..
- Current certifications in networking technology e.g. CCNP or equivalent vendor certifications.
- Ability to solve technical operational issues in data and voice networking based on significant knowledge and hands on experience e.g.
- LAN/WAN/WLAN/Internet topology, Design and Implementation
- Routing and switching protocols - OSPF, BGP etc
- Policy based routing, NAT/PAT, VLAN, SDLAN
- Load balancing and security products firewall, proxy, zScaler, intrusion protection
- Network Performance tuning
- Voice technologies e.g. IPT, call centres, SIP
- Ability to work in a team with subject matter experts in other areas e.g. hosting, clients using a good technical understanding of their areas.
- Proven ability to exploit data and analytics to ensure delivery of secure and reliable services.
- Proven and well-developed man management and leadership skills, motivating and developing an operational team to deliver.
- Experience of working as a customer with 3rd parties.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience in managing compliance.