Honeywell | USA, Washington,
The Test Engineer position is responsible for electronic test activities on an avionics engineering program(s). The Test Engineer works in the development of test method, application and development of Avionics in the Communication, Navigation and Surveillance product domain. The test solutions the Test Engineer works on deliver high value content in the following areas:
- Embedded Test Software Development
- Performance Verification Test Strategy
- Manufacturing Test Strategy
- Automated Test/Simulation System Development
- Regulatory Qualification Test of Avionics (DO-160, OEM Specifications, FCC)
- Flight Test Operations
This Test Engineer position will work within the following product domain: Communication, Navigation and Surveillance Systems Center of Excellence. This includes products such as: Weather Radar, Traffic Collision Avoidance System, Data and Voice Recorders, Radios, Altimeters, Integrated Surveillance, Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning Systems. Projects typically span multiple sites including Redmond (Washington, USA), Olathe (Kansas, USA), Brno (Czech Republic) and Malaysia.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelors in Engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in test engineering
- Due to export restrictions, must be a United States Citizen or lawful permanent resident of United States.
- General knowledge of Avionics and related standards (ARINC, Ethernet, etc) required.
- General knowledge of general purpose test equipment required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Knowledge of Honeywell CNS products preferred
- Ability to rapidly assess a situation and decide on corrective action response
- Technical foresight and vision to contribute to broad strategic initiatives across ETS and Aerospace
- Good working knowledge of engineering test process and principles.