Test Conductor/Integration & Test Engineer
- Responsible for testing of various flight and non-flight hardware including: instruments; payloads; spacecraft components and subsystems, and integration onto the spacecraft.
- Support development and execution of comprehensive procedures that verify all physical and functional instrument/payload/spacecraft interface requirements.
- Execute test scripts and procedures that verify compliance and performance of spacecraft systems.
- Demonstrate experience with Telemetry and Control systems for spacecraft and instruments, specifically ITOS.
- Support I&T and environmental testing shifts which requires schedule flexibility (nights and weekends) and support of some 24x7 testing.
- Work with engineers and technicians to develop hardware assembly procedures.
- Familiar with DC electrical power supplies, basic electrical circuits, and shall review and run assembly and test procedures.
- Supervise assembly and test procedures executed by other technicians.
- Support I&T meetings to determine or resolve issues related to integration and testing.
- The candidate must be able to work well with others in a team environment. The candidate must have good communications skills and keep the customer and management team informed on work status.
- The candidate will be required to follow all applicable GSFC documents for compliance with quality and safety directives.
- Bachelor of Science degree, or equivalent education and/or experience in electrical test and integration of aerospace. 5 years or greater of relevant work experience in aerospace industry with concentration in working with spaceflight hardware will be considered to meet equivalent education requirements.
- 2 years or more of integration and test experience, specifically with spaceflight hardware.
- Experience with telemetry, tracking and command (TT&C) systems such as ITOS, ASIST or Eclipse preferred.
- Must have an understanding of space flight hardware and electronic systems, experience with space systems environmental testing, and with ground and test systems and software.
Clean room familiarity and training
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a US citizen with ability to pass a Government background investigation.
- Desired Qualifications:
- Experience working on NASA GSFC in-house spacecraft or in-house payload/instrument assembly, integration and test programs is preferred.
- Familiarity with NASA GSFC I&T work flows and experience with Work Order Authorization (WOAs) is desired.