Sulzer | Singapore, Singapore
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Tendering responsibility for the Oil & Gas and Power segment.
- To provide quotes based on best cost and engineering selections to meet customer specifications.
- To manage priorities of quote generation based on individual region and project importance.
- To fully support the front-end sales teams to achieve annual budgets set for each region.
- Project manage orders for standard products from our factories in China, Finland and France for the auxiliary balance of plant pumps needed for the Energy BU. This includes order entry in SAP, using SAP to generate PO’s and handling the documentation submissions to / from the customer.
- To keep abreast of competitors’ offerings and weaknesses.
- Strick adherence to Sulzer’s business code of conduct, regulations and procedures (e.g. DOA, TOA, SOP).
- Diploma or Degree in Mechanical Engineering with relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years of tendering experience for centrifugal pumps in the Energy markets.
- Reading customer requirements and making compliant pump selections.
- Able to compile deviations lists for customer specifications.
- Experienced at issuing inquiries for main buyouts such as electric motors, steam turbines, engines, gearboxes, lube oil systems, mech. seals and systems, couplings, etc.
Knowledge requirements (professional, technical, language):
- Knowledge of pump hydraulics and able to handle technical clarifications
- Knowledge of API 610, 611, 612, 613, 614, 671, 677, 682, etc.
- Knowledge of using SAP systems
- Good computer skills especially M/S Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
Competencies and behaviour required (What strengths needed?):
- Team player with good people skills.
- Initiative, pro-active with good attitude and self-motivated.
- Willingness to take up additional duties.
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- Fluent in written & spoken English