Technical Support Engineer, Marine Controls System
Wärtsilä | Norway, Rubbestadneset
- We are looking for a skilled Technical support Engineer, Marine Control Systems to join our Technical Services Department.
- Our Technical Services department is one of the most important technical knowledge centres within Wärtsilä. Technical Services safeguard reliable operations for Wärtsilä customers by providing technical support during the life cycle of products and solutions delivered or serviced by Wärtsilä. Technical Services is also maintaining, developing and making available technical knowlegde & experience in an efficient way. Important parts of the Technical Services activity are analysing field experience, feedback and processing this information into facts and knowledge to enable product improvement and secure customer satisfaction.
- Technical Services participates also in development of new products by sharing experiences and expertise from existing products and on technical life cycle support.
Place of work: Rubbestadneset
- You are an experienced engineer with genuine interest to involve yourself in propulsion controls systems (PCS). Your main responsibilities will be to solve technical problems and provide feedback on necessary improvements. Due to parts obsolescence, you will also work with programming and engineering of new solutions for discontinued components.
- This position requires a bachelor degree in electrical engineering or equivalent, but documented relevant experience may compensate for lack of education. As a Technical support engineer, Marine Control Systems you must hold product knowledge within our profession and contribute to strengthen our competence and capacity for our PCS team in technical services. You have excellent English skills, both orally and written.
- As a person you are customer focused, service minded, flexible and have good teamworking skills. It is also important that you are systematically in your way of working.