ExxonMobil | China, Huizhou
Job Role Responsibilities
- Support the safe, efficient and on time start-up of ExxonMobil Huizhou Chemical Complex, meeting project objectives and strategies.
- Participate project design review, risks assessment, HAZOP & SIL studies. Learn and ensure technology Tier 1 Best Practice are incorporated into project design. Develop equipment inspection plan to meet design specification. Participate field verification, support PSSR and RFSU during construction phase.
- Develop start-up plan, technical prove-out plan and Integrated Operation Envelope and act as key player for Alarm Management.
- Initial fill feedstock / chemicals inventory calculation for commissioning and start-up. Support catalyst loading.
- Provide mentorship for junior contact engineers and help the process team training.
- Support to develop process monitoring structure, work process, Critical Parameter List (CPL) and Equipment Reliability Operating Envelope (EROE).
- Support or participate various systems setup, e.g. Operation Integration Management System.
- Support various stewardships, including material, mass and energy balance.
- Responsible for key units / equipment performance monitoring as regular basis and investigate causes with improvement suggestions. Drive Management of Change (MOC), responsible for safety initiatives including risk assessments and HAZOP reviews and trace MOC progress.
- Monitor plant reliability and provide suggestions for improvement of Manufacturing Excellence Index (MEI) targets.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting of complex performance and reliability issues.
- Provide oversight and technical inputs on all project development.
- Monitor plant performance online on day to day basis.
- Participate in development and/or provide independent cold eye review for Equipment Strategy, Energy workshops, Annual Maintenance Plan, Turnaround reviews.
- Lead/participate in safety initiatives including risk assessments and HAZOP reviews.
- Support on-going reliability improvements and equipment strategy development.
- Analyze complex technical issues, identify key drivers and propose strategy/recommendations to support decision-making/resolution of technical issues.
- Responsible for the development/execution of margin improvement ideas/projects.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor degree or above in chemical engineering / process or related major.
- More than 5 years relevant experience in process engineering design, technical support or process operation in fuel blending, tank farm, jetty & Oil moving.
- Experience in Pre-commissioning, Commissioning or Start-up of process unit is an advantage.
- Experience in international projects, multi-national companies or joint ventures is an advantage.
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of industry standards and practices related to process design and safety.
- Fluent in English.