We are a global industry leader harnessing the power of innovation for people who want to change the world and help our customers solve their most complex challenges. Ready for a challenging position that will keep you on the cutting edge of cyber security? We have a program for you utilizing cutting edge open source tools to manage a worldwide system of network sensors. We are looking for a solid systems engineer who is a self-starter, to be a key contributor to our team. Parsons’ extensive experience in the cleared space provides the ideal solution to advancing your skills. We work with cutting edge technologies to drive requirements and innovation in order to provide the best capabilities to our customer. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with an engaged customer to drive solutions for an important mission space
- Direct the daily operations of the employees with a focus on productivity & efficiency.
- Interact with customer on a daily basis to provide updates on current and upcoming tasking.
- Maintain Linux operating systems
- Configure and support Linux CentOS systems to include passive and active sensors
- Install, troubleshoot, and manage a variety of analyst applications that may include Bro/Zeek, Snort, Afpacket, Splunk and NiFi.
- Analyze system logs and identify potential issues
- Conduct system performance tuning
- Answer technical queries and assist developers and end users
- Install and configure infrastructure applications and support integration within a critical application environment
- Deliver reports to the customer as required by the contract.
- Support deployment of new system installations to include optional CONUS and OCONUS travel.
- HS Diploma and eight (8) years of general experience in system administration OR a Bachelor's Degree (in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related discipline) and four (4) years of experience
- Security+ certification
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
Preferred / Desired Qualifications:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) OR Palo Alton Networks (PAN-OS) experience is a plus
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.