Oceaneering | Netherlands, Utrecht
The Systems Engineering team carries out SE activities covering the full system lifecycle. The SE main activities are grouped as:
- Platform installation: Plan and execute the AGV System solution into service through the liaison and provision of instructions to internal/external technical teams
- System IVVQ: Lead the Integration, Verification, Validation and Qualification activities required to introduce the AGV System solution into service
- Product Integration & Development: Assist the research and development teams with definition and execution of required test trials to introduce new changes/features to existing or future products
- SE Process & Task Development: Assist the SE transformation activities for updating legacy tools and documentation towards MBSE methodology
- Requirements capture and management: Capture customer needs and translate into functional and non-functional requirements by managing the deviation and flow-down of lower-level subsystem and component requirements.
- System Architecture definition: Assist in the definition of candidate system architectures from the agreed StRS by undertaking candidate trade-off studies or Decision Analysis to arrive at agreed Functional & Physical Solution Architecture.
- System Design definition: Generate detailed system and subsystem designs, architecture, interfaces and models for the main system perspectives (data, functional and behavioural) to support the engineering & software teams, production and deployment of our projects.
- Write, review & execute Change Requests: Document and manage customer business needs through refinements, by providing clear technical instructions for engineering & software teams as well as capture the technical scope in a proposal document.
- Carry out system Validation and Verification; Define, plan and execute performance and availability test activities to ensure the delivered solution meets the customer requirements.
- Documentation: Delivers system specifications, system design specification, system level test definitions and acceptance reports.
- Proactively manages technical risk throughout a project including hazard analysis and FMEA.
- Interacts with customer technical representatives to define and manage customer expectations.
- Integration management of our supervisory software products into AGV products by 3rd party vendors.
- Given that we have global customers, travel to customer facilities for technical working sessions and system installations is required.
- Directs and supervises the activities of moderate to large size technical teams of engineers, designers and engineering subcontractors.
- Give support to sales in generating concepts and technical solutions during the entire sales process
- Regularly reviews 3rd party software components for security updates & patches, and formulate plans, processes, and procedures for updating installed-base.
- Integration management of our AGV products (HW) into supervisory software products by 3rd party vendors.
- Service, support and maintenance of existing AGV System solutions at customer sites.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
The employee will report to the Director of Programs.
- Technical bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college or university. Master's degree preferred.
- INCOSE CSEP Certification
- IREB CPRE Certification or IIBA CBDA Certification
- Engineering experience in complex system design, manufacturing, and integrations environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications in English are essential.
- Good working knowledge with Requirements Discovery and Management tools; and how these are used to ensure requirements traceability, change management and acceptance
- Good working knowledge with Architecture Design tools; and how these are used to define the function and behaviour of complex systems by means of model-based techniques
- Experience gained in either deployment of requirements modelling tools in a legacy environment or enabling the application of INCOSE practices into project engineering teams
- Familiar with ISO/IEC directives regarding Industrial Trucks: ISO 3691-4; ISO 22915
- Familiar with EU directives regarding Industrial Trucks and the normative references: EN 1525
- Familiar with VDI Guidelines regarding AGVs in the automotive industry: VDI 4451-7; VDI 2710
- Written and oral communications in German is a significant advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- You are a positive person with a hands-on attitude.
- You are able to work independently with a proactive attitude.
- You can set priorities and are immune to stress.
- You have great communication skills.
- You have excellent stakeholder management skills.