Systems Engineer - Human Landing System
The selected candidate will:
- Be responsible for the planning, development, review, and maintaining program requirements such as Project Technical Requirements Specification (PTRS), Interface Control Documents (ICDs), Verification and Validation Document (V&VD), and Verification Success Criteria (VSC).
- Utilize a requirements management software and systems engineering tool such as DOORS, Cradle or MagicDraw.
- Prepare materials for the system life cycle phasing, including Critical Design Review (CDR).
- Work with team members to identify risks, develop risk statements, and help them plan risk responses.
- Perform and review system level architecture trade studies and analyses that will influence the overall system design and performance.
- Work with a team to execute Systems Engineering roles for hardware and software development activities – including mapping requirements to verification and validation documentation, collecting verification data, processing verification closure documentation.
- Work with a team to obtain flight certification via required reviews, including safety reviews and hardware acceptance reviews.
- Work in a team environment and report to the team lead to provide status on progress and issues and for support.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the NASA customer and other NASA support contractors.
- Perform other duties assigned.
Here's What You'll Need:
- This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering (aerospace, electrical, mechanical or systems engineering)
- Basic knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the space hardware field, such as mechanical and electrical system design, engineering drawings and sketches, and material selection.
- Knowledge of systems engineering principles and associated documentation (for example ICD, EIS, PTRS, V&V Plan).
- Experience with requirements flow down and traceability.
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at various meetings.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with the design, assembly, verification, testing, and operation of space hardware.
- Experience with NASA JSC Flight Hardware Life Cycle, Certification, and Engineering processes
- Experience with the development of space systems requirements documents including PTRS and Verification and Validation documents (V&VD), and ICD.
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional certification.
- Working knowledge of NASA and JSC standard practices and requirements including safety, fault tolerance, and unique disciplines.
- Familiarity with NASA/JSC documentation databases and share point sites as well as typical systems engineering products.
- Experience with hardware testing and verification.