Supplier Quality Engineer
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Managing and developing suppliers, ensuring optimised levels of quality, cost and delivery performance driving continuous improvement to maximise business performance
- Complete supplier Quality Management System audits for purposes of approve & maintain, and to work with suppliers to close out any audit findings
- Work closely with Procurement and Engineering to establish the Supply Chain structure to meet the requirements of the full product lifecycle of products
- Provide support for product development and NPI, including technical benchmarking, capability assessments, compliances reviews and risk assessment of potential sources of supply
- Support value engineering and manufacturing process assessment and development activities
- Support Design for Manufacture and Assembly activities between Wartsila and suppliers
- Manage quality issues in conjunction with key stakeholders, resolving day to day problems, ensuring effective containment and problem resolution for all non-conformances
- Introduction of performance review processes including escalation, recovery planning and management reporting
What do we expect from you?
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with extensive relevant experience is preferable
- Proven background in supplier quality assurance, having worked with supply chain to OE Manufacturers
- Thorough understanding of quality management methods e.g. APQP, PPAP, SPC, FMEA, 8D
- Experience of operational management, manufacturing and ERP systems, including routings, BOM’s, Concessions, Change requests, etc.
- In depth knowledge of quality auditing and industry related regulatory standards
- Good technical engineering knowledge, including ability to understand engineering drawing and standards
- Proven experience of driving root cause and corrective/preventative action with suppliers
- Ability to develop realistic work plans, set personal goals that align with company goals
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to represent the company professionally, sharing ideas and information clearly at all levels
- The ability to communicate clearly and confidently in spoken English, and the ability to read and write complex technical documents in written English
- The job is offered subject to successfully obtaining security clearance. Any applicants must hold a British Passport or be eligible to hold one and have resided in the UK continuously for the last 5 years
What we offer you
- All our employees are encouraged to utilise the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials that we have to offer which supports the opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within an international working environment, in an ambitious and growth orientated organisation.
- If you feel excited by being part of this dynamic working environment and you think your personal skills and qualities match the job requirements, we look forward to receiving your application, together with a Curriculum Vitae.