Subsea7 | Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
Specific Activities & Responsibilities:
- Plan, detail and review technical documentation relating to subsea piping, mechanical systems construction and installation.
- Detailed design in accordance with acknowledged industry codes, standards, client specifications and scopes of work.
- Production and checking of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed design reports, equipment specifications, MTOs, TQ’s, DVRs and MOCs.
- Provide input, check and approve subsea structures piping general arrangement and isometric drawings.
- Production of pipework and fitting specifications
- Production of specifications and data sheet for subsea valves in accordance with API 6A or ISO 14723.
- Provide mechanical and integrity calculations for piping and equipment including pipework stress analysis utilizing CAESAR II.
- Coordinate piping and mechanical engineering support for the execution of multidiscipline projects in line with defined budget and schedule.
- Liaise with associated subsea related disciplines and understand the interfaces within a project.
- Provide piping engineering support to Tenders, FEED Studies and EPIC Projects and during occasional periods of offshore or site working.
Key Attributes required for this position:
- Experience in the piping stress analysis, using CAESAR II software.
- Knowledge of pipe routing best practices, pipe support requirements and material specifications to produce safe and efficient piping and equipment layouts.
- Understanding of FLIP, FIV and VIV aspects of piping design.
- Experience in valve specification for subsea piping systems and tie-in pipework.
- Familiar with design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry design codes – e.g. ASME B31.8, ASME B16.9, PD-8010, DNV-OS-F101, etc.
- Knowledge of subsea hardware notably – Connection Systems (diver & diverless) and Valves (API 6A/API 17D).
- Experience of wall thickness and Area Replacement calculations.
- FEA knowledge (Assessment of Special Components).
- Knowledge of typical subsea piping materials – Carbon Steels, Alloys, Nickel-Alloys (Solid 625, Super Duplex).
- Ability to read P&ID’s.
- Experience in other non-technical software e.g. MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- A positive attitude to developing engineering across diverse engineering projects within the Subsea 7 global organisation
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Professional qualifications – Engineering Degree or above
- Relevant engineering experience within the oil and gas industry, especially piping design.
- Prioritise, organise and deliver work to deadlines set by management
- Presents self in a professional manner appropriate to the role
- Can effectively work as a team member across multiple projects
- Sound communication skills in English and able to communicate at all levels within the organization as well as with Clients
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work
- A demonstrable commitment to HSE and Quality
- A willingness to travel on short assignments overseas
Desirable Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- 2-5 Years in similar role.
- Membership to a relevant Professional body
- Experience with design aspects of various types of subsea structures
- Familiar with AutoCad/Inventor/Navisworks
- Knowledge of material engineering and welding