Structural Project Engineer
To be Considered Candidates:Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
A. Scope of Work
Contribute to a dynamic team of facility engineering professionals that provide engineering solutions across a wide variety of buildings at one of the most important research facilities in the world. Los Alamos National Laboratory is looking for enthusiastic engineers with an interest in building systems and infrastructure to work in the Engineering Services – Engineering Project Delivery (ES-EPD) group.
B. Qualifications/Job Duties
- Support Project Manager in the oversight of engineering activity (all disciplines) on a project, or designated portions of a project.
- Plan and direct engineering assignments on the project. Has technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating these assignments.
- Understand standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques.
- Establish the detailed project execution plan and the development of the overall project engineering budget and schedule.
- Perform, manage, and has accountability for the work in accordance with relevant LANL standards (Conduct of Engineering).
- Direct engineering activities in preparation of project proposals, including estimates for engineering staffing, quantities, scope reviews, schedules and other functional groups.
- Originate, review, and/or approve design documents, change orders, material requisitions and specifications for construction or procurement use.
- Supervise the preparation, reviews, and endorses bid analyses and recommendations for procurement of equipment material and services within Engineering's scope of responsibility.
- Coordinate activities among the design groups on the project.
- Review project engineering progress against approved schedules, evaluates changes and takes corrective action when required.
- Make recommendations to Engineering Management of key personnel for project assignments.Prepare or direct the preparation of project studies, reports, forecasts, special engineering reports and plant data book.
- Ensure that Technical Risk Assessments are comprehensive and complete, safety practices and procedures are implemented, and engineering design and corresponding design documentation are in compliance with project Quality Assurance plan and procedures.
- Communicate complex technical issues and recommends solutions to client, project and functional management as directed and as appropriate.
- Champion the creation of a project work environment, supported by leadership on the project/program, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Track and issue reports on project performance using standard Earned Value Management tools (Control Account Manager).
MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND DO NOT HOLD DUAL CITIZENSHIP.
Other Job Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with 10-15 years of engineering experience.
- Make use of Fluor University courses for continued learning experiences
- Utilize knowledge management communities to capture, support, and leverage relevant knowledge to enhance project execution
- Participate in vendor trade shows and become familiar with new technologies and industry business direction
- Professional Engineering License
- PMP Certification
- Knowledge of DOE and LANL Engineering Standards and Conduct of Engineering principals and procedures