Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice.
- Understand engineering needs; identify and address design parameters and problems; develop and implement solutions.
- Independently evaluate, organize and prioritize work for self and others.
- Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to DO, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, and study reports .
- Sign and issue technical documentation as originator or checker, accepting personal responsibility for its adequacy.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed.
- Actively participate in relevant training to pursue continuing professional development.
- Train / mentor more junior engineers.
- Recognise and accept HSE Roles & Responsibilities as defined in DOC-GL-HSE-001
- Ability to lead and function within a design team and across multiple projects.
- Ability to prioritise own workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management.
- Manage change control within own remit on a project. Inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the Methods Engineers to establish proper preparation of non-routine lifting requiring detailed/specific analysis.
- Plan, detail and review technical documentation relating to subsea structures’ construction and installation.
- Undertake, and check others’, analysis, design and engineering activities associated with subsea construction and installation.
- Provide structural stability and integrity calculations for steel frame structures. Design to resist forces for in-service, installation and transportation load conditions. Determination of size, shape, strength, and type of structural members.
- Design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API, DNV, AISC); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
- Production and checking of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed design reports, construction drawings, design specifications, material take-offs, weight control calculations, etc.
- Liaise with associated subsea related disciplines and understand the interfaces within a project.
- Provide technical engineering support to other departments and to colleagues in terms of training and mentoring.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of structural analysis and design software
- Participate as required in events such as Bid Clarifications, Kickoff meetings, HIRAs, Design Reviews, etc.
Job based in Lobito.
Authority / Dimensions:
- Operate within the Business Code of Conduct
- Operate according to Subsea 7's Management Principles
- Support standards and procedures for the relevant Function