Structural Dynamics Modelling Engineer
We are searching for an engineer to provide Structural Dynamics Modeling support for the SLS vehicle development. Working independently and in an integrated, collaborative team, your responsibilities would be to:
- Apply finite element methods to perform coupled loads analysis and use Craig-Bampton model reduction theory to prepare models for integration.
- Perform dynamic analyses in support of the design and design verification of space flight vehicle systems.
A degree in engineering or related field is required. Degree from an ABET institution is preferred. Typically, educational requirements are a BS with 0 - 5 years experience.
Skills and experience should demonstrate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- A proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite competence (Word, Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook) is required.
- Familiarity with PATRAN or FEMAP, NASTRAN, and MATLAB is desirable.
- Familiarity in dynamics of structural systems using classical analysis and finite element based methods is desirable.
- Familiarly with the application of the finite element method to perform coupled loads analysis and knowledge of the Craig-Bampton model reduction theory are desirable.