- Analyze and harmonize SAP data sources with the standard data models
- Design & build technical data dictionaries and support business glossaries to analyze the datasets
- Perform data profiling and data analysis for source systems, manually maintained data, machine or sensor generated data and target data repositories
- Design & build both logical and physical data models for both Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) and Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) solutions
- Develop and maintain data mapping specifications based on the results of data analysis and functional requirements
- Build a variety of data loading & data transformation methods using multiple tools and technologies.
- Design & build automated Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) jobs based on data mapping specifications
- Manage metadata structures needed for building reusable Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) components.
- Analyze reference datasets and familiarize with Master Data Management (MDM) tools.
- Analyze the impact of changes to downstream systems/products and recommend alternatives to minimize the impact.
- Derive solutions and make recommendations from deep dive data analysis proactively.
- Design and build Data Quality (DQ) rules as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent (STEM) with minimum 5 years of experience as data engineer.
- A minimum of 2 year of experience using big data platforms and solutions
- A minimum of 3 year of experience working on Database(s), SQL/PLSQL is required
- Exposure to industry standard data modeling tools (e.g., ERWin, ER Studio, etc.).
- Exposure to Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) tools like Informatica or Talend
- Exposure to industry standard data catalog, automated data discovery and data lineage tools (e.g., Alation, Collibra, TAMR etc., )
- Hands-on experience in programming languages like Java, Python or Scala
- Hands-on experience in writing SQL scripts for Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL or HiveQL
- Experience with Big Data / Hadoop / Spark / Hive / NoSQL database engines (i.e. Cassandra or HBase)
- Exposure to unstructured datasets and ability to handle XML, JSON file formats
- Conduct exploratory data analysis and generate visual summaries of data. Identify data quality issues proactively.
- Strong SAP ERP systems/functional knowledge
- Expertise in ERP and finance modules including AP, AR, GL, Cash, Accounting etc;
- Knowledge of for industrial applications in a commercial/finance/industrial/manufacturing setting.
- Exposure to finance and accounting data domains
- A good team player with self-driven execution capabilities.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly with cross teams.
- Ability to showcase teamwork skills to achieve common goals, provide resolutions and share ideas.
- Demonstrate the presentation and influencing skills