We are seeking a professional like you to provide execution leadership in driving all assigned phases of the Small/Medium Turnaround (TAR) management process for specific facility/area turnarounds. You will apply site and global procedures, best practices, and tools to the TAR process and ensure the integrated schedule and milestone plan for the turnaround is achieved.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
- Your in-depth knowledge of maintenance or construction work execution for all types of crafts typically used during TARs will be essential as you lead the development of an accurate TAR budget, schedule, execution plan and organization which meets the Business Unit’s objectives. You will partner with the Operations TAR Leader to ensure all requirements for successful TAR are aligned and achieved.
- Leveraging your bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, or Construction Engineering combined with your professional experience in a chemical, petrochemical or a similar manufacturing operation, you will ensure TAR related capital project constructability inputs and project deliverables are on track for timely integration into the planning and scheduling activities. Additionally, you will work with Project Engineering to ensure proper scope development and coordination of TAR capital project activities.
- Your strong communication skills will be imperative as you liaise between Operations and Maintenance to ensure proper scope development and coordination of an integrated shutdown/TAR/startup plan.
- Your unwavering commitment to workplace safety will be evident as you ensure safety policies and procedures are properly integrated into the TAR planning and adhered to during TAR execution. Safety is a top priority for BASF.
- Successfully leading projects, you will supervise day-to-day work during the TAR execution phase. A key component to the successful execution of a TAR is providing the necessary day-to-day guidance and decision making.
- Relying on your maintenance or construction experience, along with your robust problem-solving skills, you will participate in RCFAs and identify reliability near misses.
- Working as a team player, you will provide support for Power Distribution capital projects.
- Utilizing your experience with SAP or a similar enterprise software system, as well as scheduling tools such as Primavera, and strong Microsoft Office computer skills, you will participate in craft level feedback – i.e., Visual board updates.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.