Air Liquide | USA, Morrisville
Ensures proactive proficiency and compliance to applicable Quality and company requirements including, but not limited to:
- Lead development and deployment of a focused annual Quality Plan in line with Air Liquide strategies.
- Establishes clear Quality objectives, and facilitates review, to ensure policy alignment, and enable stakeholder/owner ability to take discernable action.
- Leads efficient meetings which provide the input and output information necessary to assess status, take action, and sustain Quality System improvements, process, and accountabilities.
- Develops, monitors and maintains quality systems, testing and inspection activities designed to assure that products, processes and services conform and comply with company, customer, state, federal and regulatory requirements, standards and practices.
- Conduct analysis and risk based audits on processes in order to drive improvements in safety, quality, change management, efficiency, and strategic customer initiatives. Coordinate customer quality audits at the site.
- Routinely work on multiple complex quality projects where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of factors. Exercise judgement in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Identify, innovate, lead, and enable solutions to complex technical problems through effective involvement and partnering with all team members within the HSEQCI shared service function and with the operating team on site (Operations, Labs, Shipping, Maint & Engineering; Mgt; etc.)
- Leads, coordinates, facilitates, conducts and documents problem solving efforts to correct or improve internal products, processes and services. Recommends an action plan, and ensures corrective/preventive actions are tracked and completed to plan.
- Assists in the development and implementation of internal and external corrective and preventive actions designed to improve, correct or maintain products, processes and service standards, specifications and requirements. Partners with other team members (ex. Business Development) to issue formal responses to customers on quality related incidents and issues.
- Assists and provides technical expertise for qualifying, developing, certifying, monitoring and assisting both internal and external suppliers and subcontractors.
- Demonstrated experience applying Advanced Product Quality Planning techniques such as Failure Mode Effects Analysis, control plans and Measurement System Analysis to evaluate the producibility of new products and stability of production processes.
- Utilizes statistical data and tools (e.g. SPC, Hypothesis Testing, ANOVA, Regression Analysis, and Design of Experiments) to identify and resolve problems and leads problem solving teams that focus on problem prevention and variance reduction.
- Maintains and reviews quality system records, documents and data. Makes recommendations for improvements and changes to product, processes or systems based on review of this information.
- Coordinates with World Business Line quality teams and efforts on audits, issue resolution, sharing, and provide updates on the site quality system.
- Recognizes, recommends and partners to execute continuous improvement actions, projects, and plans.
- Conduct training sessions on quality subjects for all plant personnel.
- Sustain and continually improve the site’s ISO 9001 certification.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Additional certifications and training highly desired, including but not limited to: Certified ISO 9001:2015 lead auditor; ASQ Certifications; Lead / Six Sigma Belt Certification; X-Matrix, and A3 process.
- Problem solving skills (ability to perform investigations, 5-Why, “What if” studies, audits, and failure analysis).
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and capacity to influence organizational culture. Must be able to obtain commitment and foster actions from the field level up to senior executives.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, conflict management competencies, and project team leadership and participation experience to affect positive outcomes.
- Must be available when needed; communications equipment (mobile phone) will be carried at all times. Must be willing to respond to emergencies on nights and weekends when necessary.
- Subject matter expert in Quality performance requirements and standards (ex. ASQ; Industry) and be highly skilled at implementing processes that will lead to sustained Quality performance improvements.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with specialty gas / cylinder gas operations; semiconductor industry experience highly desired.
- Proficiency in English language
- Ability to accurately perform arithmetic and statistical calculations with analysis
- Ability to: network collaboratively with colleagues to create a results driven, team oriented environment; maintain confidentiality; demonstrate excellent organization skills; manage multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines; deliberately seek stakeholder input before making significant changes; consistently utilize change management principles.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Possess a Bachelor’s level degree in engineering, chemistry, or other technical related discipline.
- 7+ years of Quality Assurance experience in a manufacturing environment; semi-conductor or electronics experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel ~20% domestically and/or internationally.
- Must be able to actively participate in on-site inspections, audits, and event investigations
- Have a full range of motion, climb stairs/ladders, and the ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Be able to wear PPE
- Back to list