Dow has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer located in our Hahnville, LA site. The Senior Project Engineer leads the engineering activities for capital and expense projects through the Front End Loading, Detailed Design, Construction and Start-up phases of the project cycle. They lead the multi-discipline engineering effort for a capital project or serves as project lead and represents the most senior project engineers for site executed work at Dow’s regional engineering centers or individuals executing smaller large projects for one of Dow’s global engineering centers. The Senior Project Engineer works on projects globally, including mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and divestitures, ranging in size from MET implementation in one plant to enterprise solution rollouts across the globe to hundreds of plants. The role requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Drives project execution and coach team on application of the Global Project Methodology (GPM) work process.
- Provides overall planning and organization during design and construction.
- Develops staffing plans.
- Coordinates all design engineering, procurement, and construction activities.
- Leads the project execution planning including contracting strategy development.
- Analyzes project risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Initiates, monitors, and updates the project schedule and estimate. Closely monitors project cost and progress. Manages change to established scope and baselines.
- Identifies and takes corrective action to ensure the project goals for cycle-time, cost, and quality are met.
- Delivers as-built and operations/maintenance documentation to the facility.
- Document key project measurements and learning experiences in the Project Closure Report
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering.
- A minimum of 10 years of project experience.
- Experience in all project phases (Definition, Design, Procurement, Construction, and Start Up) is required.
- Knowledge of project management processes.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- The capacity to successfully function within a multicultural team is critical. Communications, interpersonal skills, and the ability to build networks will be essential to foster team success and accomplish the project objectives. The project engineer will have a considerable amount of interfaces between multiple projects and organizations including substantial dealings with selected contractors.
- Domestic relocation assistance may be available for this role.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others