Oceaneering | Thailand, None
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proficiency to independently perform engineering analysis, such as structural, dynamics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, materials, machine design, etc., using judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- Coordinate the efforts of technicians, drafters, technical writers, and other engineers.
- Provide work leadership for lower level employees.
- Technically manage projects of small scope.
- Ensure that customer requirements are systematically converted into total system solutions.
- Develop and recommend design approaches for new or improved products or processes.
- Write test procedures, conduct tests, compile and evaluate test data, and complete required documentation.
- Prepare reports and present results to management and customer representatives.
- Assist in bid and proposal efforts by providing cost estimations, technical approach definitions, and input to baseline schedule data.
- Evaluate vendor capability to provide required products or services.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required, including shipboard operations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Ocean Engineering, from an accredited institution. Commensurate experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 3-5 years of practical technical experience in the engineering process, including concept development, analysis, design, drawing, integration and testing of complex mechanical and/or ocean deployed systems.
- Proficiency in the application of current engineering software (i.e. SolidWorks, Matlab, etc), and Microsoft Office.
- Able to apply an advanced knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of mechanical engineering and an understanding of related engineering fields.
- Work closely with electrical, software, and systems engineers, as well as other cooperative disciplines, to solve problems and constructively architect a working system.
- Supervise/mentor junior engineers or technicians, when necessary.
- Responsible and accountable for your results, working with considerable autonomy, but also knowing when to ask for assistance.
- Ability to obtain a United States Government Department of Defense Security Clearance (active clearances preferred, but not prerequisite)
- Must be a US Citizen
- Desire to stretch and expand your talents, expertise, competency, and responsibilities.
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, Ocean Engineering or a related field, from an accredited institution.
- Exercise excellent technical judgement, creativity, and initiative with attention to detail consistently throughout your work product, with awareness of the “system” perspective.
- Good communication, organizational and technical writing skills, including ability to effectively document, convey, and present engineering concepts and products to team members and customers.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the marine industry and associated technologies.
- Hands-on abilities for assembling mechanical components.