Sr. Electrical Controls Engineer
- Able to quickly diagnose the root cause of problem(s) and make PLC program changes to maintain production.
- Must be fluent with Rockwell Control Logix processors, RS Logix 5000 Studio. AB VFD & PLC5 experience a plus.
- Must be detail oriented, capable of writing and modifying logic in conformance to client standards.
- Experience with controls hardware design, logic design and debug of automotive conveyors.
Skills / Qualifications
Education and Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor Science Electrical Engineering, or Bachelor Science Mechatronics or equivalent relevant work experience
- Able to quickly learn [self-teach] to fill in skill gaps
- Capable of working 10 hours standing and fast walking 5 to 10 miles daily
- Track record working with skilled trades and engineers
- Regular attendance required, all weather on time
- Able to communicate verbally over plant radio, be clear and succinct
- Able to deal with pressure to restore production during breakdowns
- Able to constructively react to criticism
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Able to climb a 2 story ladder
- Can walk a mile in 20 minutes
- Be able to cover, on foot, a reasonable distance on a job site
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs without difficulty
- All of the above items to be accomplished while carrying a laptop computer