Bechtel | Saudi Arabia, Riyadh
- Review contract drawings and specifications (including RFPs) for constructability and conformance to existing field conditions.
- Participate in pre-award meetings, as appropriate.
- Attend post-award contract meetings, such as post-award kickoff meetings (PAK), preconstruction conferences, informal or formal partnering meetings, schedule acceptance meeting, design review meetings, and weekly progress meetings.
- Review and approve contractor's submittals for conformance with the requirements of the contract drawings and specifications. Review and approve shop drawings, samples of materials and components, catalog information, certificates of compliance and provide technical responses to Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Visit construction sites to monitor progress and resolve construction issues in a timely manner.
- Provide technical solutions to unforeseen problems that arise during the contract duration.
- Support the issuance of requests for proposal by assisting in determining needed changes and writing technical scopes of work.
- Prepare or coordinate the preparation of sketches and drawings in support of negotiations and issuance of modification
- Evaluation and notification of any significant event or technical deficiency associated with subcontractor performance.
- Tactful and professional communications both orally and in writing to all levels of authority and stakeholders. Must be proactive and astute at obtaining decisive action from all affected parties, including the Construction Contractor, SAMI, and Designer of Record (DOR) team to overcome technical issues at all phases of a contract.
- Perform remote 3D Model design reviews with multiple design offices.
- Prepare and analyze post award cost estimates.
- Perform technical analysis on contractor cost proposals.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering, from an accredited university, with at least 9 years of relevant experience or in lieu of a degree 15 years of relevant professional experience.
- Registered or Chartered Engineer (Civil, Structural or related Engineering) in the United States, UK or equivalent
- Relevant experience includes, but is not limited to:
A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a civil engineer on commercial/industrial type facilities contracts with projects valued in excess of $5 million. Experience shall demonstrate:
*Analyses and calculations in the preparation and review of final detailed working drawings, comparative cost analysis, Request for Proposals (RFPs), and project specifications for a wide variety of facility types for multi-discipline and/or civil engineering projects.
*Performance reviews of drawings, specifications, calculations, cost estimates, and studies prepared by other engineers.
*Experience with the use of design/drafting software, Microsoft Office products, civil engineering design and analysis software.
- Ability and willingness to traverse construction jobsites.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Saudi Visa.
- Knowledge of local, state, federal, and foreign country laws, codes, and other statutory requirements affecting civil engineering design throughout the area of responsibility.
- Fundamental knowledge and skill with the Microsoft Office suite of applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access), use of email and other computer-based applications.
- Developed soft skills that allow one to work effectively with other professionals, client representatives, contractor management and labor personnel, and others of varying backgrounds and experiences
- The ideal candidate will have solid experience in
Executing design development and producing design documents in accordance with governing codes and standards.
Development of grading and backfill design and drawings.
Design and Construction cost optimization considering extensive cut and fill quantities.
Performance of site civil works including of topographic, geologic, hydrologic and site works.
Road design and design documents.
Foundation design and drawings.
Assist with boring oversight, and site inspection and review of existing facilities.
Perform formal calculations and drawings.
Experience commercial/industrial type facilities contracts.
Review vendor information from subcontractors and integrate it into the design solution.
Execute to schedule requirement while maintaining a high degree of quality in work product.
Coordinate closely with other technical disciplines in planning and executing work as an integrated team.
- Experience with the advanced use of civil engineering design and analysis software.
- Advanced knowledge of topographic, geologic, hydrologic and site works.
- Ability to read and understand contractor baseline schedules and required look-ahead schedule and associated updates. Understanding of scheduling software (e.g. Primavera P6).
- Work Experience in the Middle East.