Sr Chemical Corrosion Engineer
- The Chemical/corrosion Engineer will be responsible for managing specialty and bulk chemical programs and applications for facilities processing. To accomplish this, the Chemical/corrosion Engineer will coordinate with the respective process team’s to monitor, track, and optimize the specific chemical applications for actual process operating conditions, confirm chemical performance and the quality and compliance of the facility end products. The Chemical/corrosion Engineer will ensure that all chemical handling procedures are in compliance with company health, environment and safety policies. The Chemical/corrosion Engineer is performing process, scaling and corrosion risk modeling with analysis, also he provides input on material and corrosion requirements during preparation of inspection scope and deferral analysis.
The Chemical Engineer responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering Preferred Chemical Engineering, Materials Science.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in chemical process.
- Experience with chemical injection monitoring programs, preferred in oil and Gas Industry or in industrial Water Treatment plants.
- Experience on corrosion and materials engineering is preferred.
- NACE certification as a Corrosion Technologist or Internal Corrosion Technologist is a preference.
- Working knowledge of process and chemistry tools particularly on corrosion & scale prediction (e.g., MultiCorp and SSPS) is preferred.
- Knowledge of production chemistry threats and their mitigation/monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze process and equipment data to identify problems and opportunities.
- Familiar with oil dehydration and oilfield water treatment processes.
- Must be able to move multiple projects forward concurrently.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good PC skills.