LyondellBasell | USA, Lansing
- The Specification Engineer is responsible for providing engineering support to LyondellBasell's North American APS businesses. This position is located in Lansing Michigan.
- The successful candidate will work with appropriate internal organizations, 3rd party agencies and customers to define, approve and implement various types of product specification requirements.
- Drive the improvement of processes and systems used to manage manufacturing and commercial product specifications, product quality practices and related information and data.
- Lead reviews of commercial and manufacturing data assessing capability against market requirements to optimize risk and cost including management of change.
Roles & Responsibilities
Lead or influence the setting of specifications and steward change management. Update relevant product master data in appropriate business systems including specifications, formulations and commercial technical product information.
Drive improvements to systems and procedures aimed at optimizing the management of specifications and product quality assurance. Work with the Information Technology organization to troubleshoot system breaks, consult on design and test SAP software enhancements.
Lead product design reviews (including data mining and statistical analysis) of commercial and manufacturing specifications.
Manage third party agency requirements including product listings, projects, reporting, sampling/testing and their impact on product specifications.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, will consider candidates with 7+ years relevant qualifying experience.
- Minimum of seven years of commercial or technical experience. Conversant with APS NA product offering, customer/OEM requirements, business operations, SAP, and PLM database.
- Critical Competencies/Behaviors: Personal drive, getting results/things done, data analysis, collaboration, influencing others, interpersonal communications.
- Strong numeric, analytical, Excel capability, communications and problem solving skills.
- Builds effective teams
- Cultivates innovation
- Customer focus
- Demonstrates courage
- Drives results
- Ensures accountability
- Instills trust and exemplifies integrity