- Dow has an opportunity available for a Site Logistics Engineer located in Freeport, TX.
- The PALM Logistics Department consists of assets spanning Plants A and B in Texas Operations. Plant A logistics, Plant A Drumming & Warehouse facility, Freeport Marine-Terminal, and Freeport Road and Rail operations are covered. The PALM team is heavily integrated and engaged with 4 Dow business units and 3rd party site tenants. This role will work across the full breadth of the department gaining exposure to these businesses while networking across a large portion of Texas Operations. This role will also be engaged with technologies spanning the full suite of logistics assets through each business unit while also learning how to operate within an integrated I-Park structure.
- The Production Engineering role acts as a technical resource for operations personnel, applying technical skills within the logistics units to optimize operations, maintain high standards of product quality, resolve unit operation issues and enable safe and efficient movement of materials.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Ensure 100% compliance with applicable Dow EH&S, Local, and Federal Regulations
- Understands and applies, Deference to Expertise, Sensitivity to Operations, Reluctance to Simplify, Preoccupation with Failure and Resilience to promote the development of a Highly Reliable Organization
- Understands all applicable process technology, equipment and control technology. Works with Technical Advising and plant personnel to optimize operations to meet Business and plant goals. (Sustainability, Innovation, Customer-Centric, & Inclusive).
- Diagnoses and documents the root causes of asset utilization (AU) losses.
- Own and resolve LOPA/LPP compliance.
- Participates when required in advanced trouble shooting and coaches others to learn these skills. Ensures findings are documented in Plant OD for future usage.
- Provide leadership and direction in the day to day decision making for the operating area of responsibility.
- As required participates on and leads teams in his/her area of accountability.
- Networks with other engineers on site and within the business to leverage knowledge on plant operations
- Provide process related technical support for external audits (e.g. ISO, USCG, etc..) and customer visits.
- Ensures MET and Material of Construction is understood and utilized.
- Ensures Operating Discipline / ODMS requirements are met.
- Coaches employees on effective implementation and utilization of MET.
- Implements best practices in order to optimize operations.
- Understands and applies skills and knowledge in Statistical Process Control (SPC) technology to projects
- Works with Plant Process Control Coordination Role to ensure process control is optimized in the facility.
- Supports plant roles in procedure usage, creation, reviews, updates and approvals when assigned.
- As required communicate technical information and issues to plant personnel, Technology or Expertise centers.
- Performs appropriate Make Product & Material Flow roles as determined by Plant \ Site \ Business. (Example: Technical Advising, Production Coordinating, Operate Plant Work Process Leader, ODMS Element Focal Point, Production Data Analyzing, Manufacturing Representative, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Prior engineering, manufacturing or related work experience.
Note: Domestic relocation assistance is available for this opportunity.
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others