Site Construction Manager
Air Liquide | USA, Branchburg
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
This position will be directing, overseeing and supporting project execution; including managing site team(s) for completion of construction activities in accordance with project objectives, priorities, and contracts at ALAM sites globally. Position requires travel depending on business needs and projects.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Promote safety awareness and safe performance among site team members, including consultants, contractor and subcontractor personnel.
- Provide construction execution philosophy and knowledge to all of the critical early project execution deliverables.
- Serve as Air Liquide on-site point of contact for contractor site management.
- Manage interfaces/interactions with contractors and other project functional groups (e.g., design, commissioning, operations, etc.) regarding construction issues.
- Coordinate input to and review development of contractor’s detailed plans to complete the work. Ensure proper implementation, preparation and execution of job cards and work packs.
- Monitor and appraise the contractor’s performance for safety, quality, cost, and schedule; ensure that appropriate corrective actions are taken when needed.
- Provide key input into project tasks, such as construction execution plan, constructability reviews, construction methods, contracting strategy, cost estimate, staffing and resource plan, etc.
- Keep Capital Project Managers advised of progress, performance, initiatives, issues, challenges, and anticipated completion dates for construction milestones. Proactively develops plans to mitigate potential issues.
- Administer the execution of the contract, including interpretations to the contract.
- Review change requests and change assessments in accordance with management of change plan.
- Assist contractor and subcontractors in achieving the contract expectations and requirements.
- Verify physical progress and approve or endorse contractor invoices, as appropriate.
- Ensure contractor is implementing and maintaining an effective interface management system.
- Lead lessons learned review and prepare close-out reports upon completion of site work.
- Report progress, performance, initiatives, and issues to Global Manager of Capital Projects Management
- Minimum of 40% travel to all ALAM sites globally
- Successfully completes all assigned trainings
BS Engineering (ME, ChE), MBA, Construction Management/Technology, PE preferred;
Project Management Certification (PMI) or similar.
- >15 years of demonstrated project management and execution experience with proven ability in managing capital projects (> $2 MM) in the specialty chemical or similar industry.
- >5 years construction site experience
- Working knowledge of high purity gas installation techniques, and practices a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment schematics, PIDs, and construction drawings.
- Proficient in value engineering and constructability review..
- Fluent in the use of MS Office Suite, including MS Project.
- Proficient in cost estimating techniques and understanding of estimate accuracy at various project stages.
- Knowledge of building codes, consensus engineering standards and applicable regulations (ASME, API, CGA, NFPA, OSHA).
- Effective verbal and written communication, with good mediation skills. Must be collaborative and comfortable working in a team environment.
- Attention to detail; precision and accuracy are important.