How do you craft the future Smart Buildings? We’re looking for the makers of tomorrow, the hardworking individuals ready to help Siemens transform entire industries, cities and even countries. Get to know us from the inside, develop your skills on the job and work at the groundbreaking of Digital Process Industries. In India, we have offices in Pune and Chennai
We make real what matters.
We are looking for candidates as
1) lead technical support engineer for Surveillance Portfolio products.
2) The person Will be responsible for delivering high-quality technical support (remote and onsite) with strong domain skills in physical security and provide resolutions on time without escalation from Siemens BT Regional customers.
What are my responsibilities?
- Resolve support Service Requests through Email/Phone/Remote or On-site visits.
- Troubleshoot and analyze product issues in a timely manner and follow up with the regional customers with solution recommendations and action plans.
- Identify and publish Knowledge articles, FAQs and Webinars to provide proactive solutions to customer issues and for future references
- Participate in technical communications within the team to share best practices and learn about new technologies and applications
- Develop technical & domain competency on management stations and Integration platforms for end customer/product setup in test-lab
- Administer hotline and software application download platform for global and regional customers
- Support in developing and delivering technical trainings.
3 to 4 years of relevant experience.
Bachelor/Master Degree in Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field with 3-4 years of experience in security domain
Domain knowledge and troubleshooting knowledge of Security systems like Access Control, CCTV & Intrusion and security management stations and integration platforms is an advantage.
What else do I need to know?
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong aptitude for learning new security software applications, tools, technologies and utilize them in a customer facing environment
- Must have working knowledge of Networking, MS SQL Database, Windows OS, Linux OS, Debian OS, Virtualization, Cloud Services, Storage and know-how of third party protocols like OPC, BACnet & ONVIF
- Good Communication & Presentation Skills
- Flexible for international travel and on-site support and troubleshooting activities globally.
- Knowledge on BT SSP Surveillance Portfolio products like SiPass, Surveillance VMS, Surveillance Vantage, Surveillance Viewpoint, OIS, and SIPORT is desirable.
- Level 2 or 3 Technical support experience on software products for internal or external customers.