- Accountable for scheduled work, analysis, and reports according company standards and design reviews.
- Communicates directly with client to exchange information and results.
- Completes company metrics in a timely manner, or as required.
- Field Performance Testing of industrial equipment to determine range of operation of the different units and their safety margins
- Process modeling and thermodynamic analysis to assess system performance, quantify system losses, and troubleshoot lack of performance
- Installation of different equipment and instrumentation, such as pressure transducers, thermocouples, proximity probes and required hardware to obtain process and vibration data.
- Complete site audits to evaluate the field installations, by inspecting and reporting the condition of the equipment and their arrangements
- Perform machinery diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Obtain vibration data by installing dynamic signal processing instrument for analysis and provide reports describing the problem and possible solutions
- Perform Operating deflection shape analysis (ODS) on different industrial equipment by obtaining field data collection and creating 3D models of the structures to upload the collected data
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in related discipline: Mechanical, Thermo, Aero or Electrical Engineering field and at least 5 years of working experience
- Candidate must have willingness to travel (Domestic and Internationally) 50% of the time
- The Field Service Engineer must possess experience on at least one (1) rotating equipment product lines, i.e. steam & turbo, recip (IST, TCP, RCE, respectively)
- Candidate must have experience 5-7 years’ experience with Centrifugal compressor or steam turbine performance calculations, with some knowledge of simulation tools
- Knowledge of process and vibration data collection equipment
- Familiarity with API and ASME standards
- Proficient in Windows® and Office® programs
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Masters with 1-2 years of working experience
- Familiarity with various with chemical processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good technical and interpersonal communication skills