Service Engineer in Pasadena, Texas
Flowserve | USA, Pasadena
Quick Response Center (QRC) Shop for Flowserve pumps, serving our customers in Power, Oil refineries, chemical, and other similar industries.
QRC Service Engineer: prepares schedules, aligns resources, and performs technical activities related to
engineering projects. While referred to as QRC Engineering in some areas, employees in these roles may also be responsible for managing vendors, and tracking project schedules to ensure projects are completed according to plans. While there are multiple business card titles, The QRC Engineering roles typically involve organizing team resources to ensure coordination and overall quality control of the work. The Quick Response Center (QRC) Engineer provides engineering and technical assistance to all QRC personnel, Sale Engineers and customers to develop the best possible repair and upgrade solutions to aftermarket jobs. Responsible for the technical interpretation of specifications, procedures, policies, quality, and equipment reliability to all concerned parties.
QRC Service Engineer duties include, but not limited to:
- Reviews complete technical documentation package to validate product performance against customer requirements and suggests modifications where required.
- Selects components and assemblies to ensure compliance with project specifications, including mechanical seals, seal auxiliary systems, drivers and other specified components.
- Prepares project plans in accordance with customer/contract requirements.
- Trains Associate Engineers.
- Prepares and releases technical job documentation.
- Supports the QRC concerning all engineering issues.
- Reviews and/or develops scope of work for QRC jobs, when required.
- Implements engineering best practices and Flowserve standards for required functions. (i.e., weld procedures, bolt torque, materials, etc.).
- Identifying upgrades opportunities and supporting the generation of upgrade quotes, or initiates Life Cycle Cost analysis for elevation, when feasible.
- Acts as engineering liaison when hydraulic, vibration, rotor dynamic, metallurgical or finite element analysis is performed.
- First contact for witnesses; review specifications & requirements for visit.
- Responsible for failure analysis reports of specific jobs, when required.
- Follows S&S CSOA processes and policies, as required.
- Meets project timelines for engineering documentation and gathers approval at the first issue.
- Ensures customer satisfaction, accuracy and timeliness of customer documentation.
- Provides rework or resubmittal documentation in agreed-upon cycles to obtain approvals.
- Provides monthly reports as required.
- Meets established QRC upgrade goals.
- Must meet all established QRC safety goals.
- Responsible for maintaining established profit margins on quoted upgrade jobs.
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- 5 years related experience
- Collaborative interpersonal skills
- Advanced project management tools, methods and applications
- Analysis tools
- Machine Design Fundamentals
- Strong understanding of pump applications, types, and of hydraulics and how these relate to pumps and pump systems
- Able to interpret industry standards, technical drawings and manufacturing procedures
- Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) methodology understanding
- Strong verbal and written communicator with a confident and positive manner
- Able to effectively self-manage; sets priorities, and manages several priorities at one time