Responsible for delivery of welding engineering activities, such as R&D, welding procedure qualification, weld procedure development and implementation. The Senior Welding Engineer will provide guidance and mentoring to other more junior Welding Engineers and assist in the achievement of strategic objectives and best practice for the Welding Engineering Department
Welding Engineer Manager
- The position is given accountability according to the global Authorisation Matrix and Company Code of Business Conduct.
- Mandate in accordance with current regional Approval Matrix.
Promote and ensure compliance with the Pipeline Production Team philosophies and commitment to Subsea 7 vision and values
Develop and provide effective interfaces
- Build / enhance relationships between PPT departments, wider Subsea7 and end client
Support Tender Submissions
- Support Business Development and Commercial Department during the preparation of tender submissions and negotiations
- Assist in developing technical solutions and prepare technical qualifications for bid to meet client enquiry
- Assist Commercial Department to develop an accurate estimate of time, resource and materials
- Assist in the identification of risks
Manage the delivery of welding projects
- Lead advanced subsea projects
- Manage WPQT activities and ensure targets are monitored and met
- Produce and / or review, documentation, schedules and procedures
- Provide advice and support to ensure onsite welding engineering support is effective.
- Review and drive the status of welding projects, support resolution of issues, provide technical assistance and take corrective / improvement action as required.
- Monitor and drive performance of welding engineering projects responsible for and take action as required.
- Assist in developing and implementing effective risk management solutions
- Provide mentorship , coaching and support, as required, to other more junior team members
- Ensure effective communication is maintained with clients and other departments
Lead the development of systems / procedures and delivery of excellence
- Monitor technical developments / requirements and evaluate implications for PPT
- Assist Welding Engineering Manager to identify, develop and improve tools and systems to enable Welding Engineers to execute and deliver projects more effectively.
- Evaluate lessons learned for similar projects and ensure improvements implemented for projects responsible for.
Attributes / Skills / Required / Sought
Skills and behavioural expectations:
- Demonstrates commitment to and promotes Subsea7 vision and values
- Assumes responsibility for WPQT project related targets
- Communicates effectively and articulately at all levels, internally and externally.
- Effective leadership skills in project team environment, delegates work scope effectively ensuring objectives are met
- Demonstrates positive attitude and flexibility in work approach.
- Is risk focused and demonstrates good analytical skills when making decisions
- shows awareness of, and works well to deadlines
- Demonstrates effective planning and awareness of overall company objectives
- Demonstrates professional approach when representing PPT, builds and enhances relationships with client and manages interfaces effectively.
- Shows commitment to self-improvement, education and development.
Experience and Education
Qualifications and experience:
- HNC minimum – Degree preferable
- European / International Welding Technologist Qualification
- Min 5 years Welding Engineer Level Experience
- Min 3 years Pipeline Experience