Senior Tendering/Estimating Engineer
TechnipFMC | Australia, Perth
A summary of the key duties for the position are as follows:
- Preparation of tenders/estimates in a structured approach, providing specialist non-technical tendering expertise and coordinating all aspects of the tender in accordance with Subsea 7 processes and client requirements;
- Participate in the negotiation phase, for terms and conditions of tenders with Customers and Suppliers to achieve the best commercial position with minimum exposure to risk;
- Ensure all tenders you have responsibility for are quality controlled and fully validated by the Functions;
- Prepare accurate and economic costing of tenders/budgets and assessment of risks including competition/market trends;
- Participate in all necessary tender technical, risk and HSEQ reviews, as well as record and complete all functional validations;
- Contribute to the tender commercial strategy and execution plan as directed;
- Support the monitoring of bid performance against Subsea 7's commercial targets.
- You will have 5+ years of experience across Commercial, Operations, Engineering or Fabrication within the oil and gas industry and be able to bring your tenacity, commercial acumen and excellent interpersonal and organisational skills to the team. You will be degree qualified (ideally in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business Management, Marketing) or similar and have experience working within an EPCI environment. Working knowledge of the tendering software Success Estimator and EcoSys is highly desirable.