Senior Technical Engineer (Polymers) - Huizhou
ExxonMobil | China, Huizhou
Job Role Responsibilities
- Support the sob Role Responsibilitiesafe, efficient and on time start-up of ExxonMobil Huizhou Chemical Complex, meeting project objectives and strategies.
- Learn and ensure technology Tier 1 BPs are incorporated into project design.
- Develop equipment inspection plan to meet design specification. Participate field verification during construction phase.
- Develop start-up plan, technical prove-out plan and Integrated Operation Envelope.
- Initial fill feedstock / chemicals inventory calculation for commissioning and start-up. Support catalyst loading.
- Help the recruit of contact engineer. Provide mentorship for junior contact engineers and help the process team training.
- Lead and develop process monitoring structure, work process, Critical Parameter List (CPL) and Equipment Reliability Operating Envelope (EROE).
- Drive Management of Change(MOC).
- Support or participate various setup and implementation, e.g. Operation Integration Management System.
- Monitor plant reliability and provide suggestions and improvement for Manufacturing Excellence Index(MEI) targets.
- Support various stewardships, including material, mass and energy balance.
- Provide technical support, equipment strategy development and troubleshooting of complex performance and reliability issues.
- Participate in development and/or provide independent cold eye review for Equipment Strategy, Energy workshops, Annual Maintenance Plan, Turnaround reviews.
- Coordinate various functions /discipline for optimization, troubleshooting, de-bottlenecking studies.
- Lead/participate in safety initiatives including risk assessments and HAZOP reviews.
- Responsible for the development/execution of margin improvement ideas/projects.
- Participates in global technical networks and network initiatives implementation.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor degree or above in chemical engineering / process or related major.
- More than 10 years relevant experience process engineering design, technical support or process operation in the petrochemical and refinery industry.
- Experience in Pre-commissioning, Commissioning or Start-up of PP or / and PE units is an advantage.
- Experience in international projects, multi-national companies or joint ventures is an advantage.
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to multi-task, manage multiple interfaces and prioritize work.
- Basic knowledge and experience about process simulation tools. Good knowledge of industry standards and practices related to process design and safety.
- Fluent in English.
- Willing to relocate for 1 -2 years, if required.