Senior Substation Engineer, Physical
Duties and Responsibilities
- This position will provide engineering for the design of substation facilities for voltages up to and including 765 kV. This includes new substations and switchyards, modifications, additions and upgrades to existing facilities.
- Substation physical design responsibilities include overall engineering and analysis for new switchyards and substations, additions and modifications.
- Includes equipment specifications and procurement support, layout and general arrangements for all major equipment and structures required for high voltage switchyards or substation.
- Drawing requirements include Site Plans, Plan and Elevation Views, Grounding, Conduit, Lighting, Lightning Protection and Shielding, control building arrangements and details, AC Station Service, DC systems and Bills of Material.
- Includes performing substation grounding calculations and studies, lightning protection and insulation coordination, lighting, bus calculations, transformer and bus sizing calculations, fault calculations, and AC and DC auxiliary system sizing calculations.
- Works in a team environment, coordinates requirements with other engineering and design disciplines.
- Provides technical direction to subordinate team members.
- Responsible for the quality assurance of the documents to the applicable WorleyParsons and client standards.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work independently on more varied and complex tasks when required.
- Typically will interface with other departmental staff, project management, and with outside customers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical.
- Willing to travel and to accept field assignments preferred.
What you will bring
- Technical and Industry Experience
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the electrical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of electrical engineering specific software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Substantial technical land practical experience in electrical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Experience and Qualifications
- BSEE with 5+ years relevant experience in substation engineering.
- Computer proficiency with engineering software applications required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; accuracy and attention to detail; commitment to meeting budgets and schedules all required.