INPEX Corporation is seeking an experienced Senior Subsea Engineer to join our Drilling Completions team based in the Perth office.
Reporting to the Completion Engineering Supervisor, this role provides overall subsea engineering support to the operation from the office and has overall responsibility for optimising subsea equipment and services planning, costing and operations.
- Develop subsea equipment design philosophies, basic configuration and functional and operational requirements.
- Prepare subsea equipment installation procedures including the subsea program and associated contingency plans.
- Accountable for the direct contract management of all subsea engineering and operations related contractors under their direction.
- Identify and implement performance improvement initiatives and monitor effectiveness.
- Develop specifications, scopes of work, reimbursement mechanisms and schedules for ITT documents.
- Technically assess tenders, clarifies and negotiates detail to suit project requirements and making technical recommendations for award.
- Oversees and ensures contractors meet requirements of contracted scopes of work.
- Proactively adhere to and promote the Client/Company workplace values and behaviours exercising tolerance and respect for diversity
- Responsible to the Completions Engineering Supervisor for all HSE aspects of well subsea design and operations.
- Accountable for the HSE management of design, manufacture, testing and putting in service of all well subsea equipment used in well construction.
- Assist with the planning, implementation and close-out of HSE audits of contractors and their equipment.
- Ensure well subsea materials and service providers comply with specified quality assurance requirements.
- Supervise responsible subsea supervisors in carrying out their HSE responsibilities.
- Provide subsea engineering input in well and operational risk assessments and HAZOPS.
- Ensure the formal documentation resulting from any well risk assessment is included in the subsea operations programmes.
Essential qualifications and experience required:
- Appropriate Tertiary Engineering degree
- 10 plus years drilling and completions related subsea engineering experience
- Previous operator experience is highly desirable
- Highly organized, self-motivated person who is a team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills