Senior Structural Engineer
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
- Provide specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of structural engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice.
- Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include preparation and checking of design reports, engineering support to drafting office, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various third-party submissions.
- Provide structural stability and integrity calculations for subsea structures (PLETs, Jumpers, Suction Piles etc.). Design to resist forces for in-service, installation and transportation load conditions. Determination of size, shape, strength, and type of structural members.
- Design and detailing in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API, DNV, AISC); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work
- Production and checking of design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed design reports, equipment specifications etc.
- Production of specifications, data sheets and MTOs
- Provide stress analysis utilizing STAAD Pro, CAESAR, ANSYS or similar software
- Coordinate structural engineering support to the execution of multi-discipline projects in line with defined budget and schedule
- Liaise with associated related disciplines and understand the interfaces within a project
- Provide specialist structural engineering assistance during occasional periods of offshore or site working
- Contribute as required to events such as Bid Clarifications, Kickoff meetings, HIRAs, Design Reviews, etc.
- Actively participate in relevant training to pursue continuing professional development
- Operate within the Business Code of Conduct
- Operate according to Subsea 7’s Management Principles
- Support standards and procedures for the Engineering Function
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Professional qualifications – Degree qualified ideally in Civil/Structural or Mechanical Engineering. (Demonstrable experience in a similar role will also be considered)
- Relevant engineering experience (7+ years) in the design of structures within the Marine and/or Oil and Gas industry
- Awareness of marine classification and local legislation (Essential)
- Able to work within time/budget constraints
- Presents self in a professional manner appropriate to the role
- Produces work of presentable quality
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
- Identifies industry codes, standards and design guidelines.
- Deliver stress analysis work on project
- Ability to support package engineering and management
- Sound Knowledge of STAAD Pro, CAESAR and ANSYS or similar software
- 3D CAD modelling in SolidWorks or Inventor (Recommended)