Senior Structural Engineer - Power Networks - REA0095
- Lead and manage structural engineering services that meet Worley, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Perform structural engineering services related to power networks, transmission, and substation type projects such as:
Design foundations and various reinforced concrete structures;
Design steel structures, supports and racks;
Design of transmission structures including lattice and pole type structures and foundations;
Review calculations, shop drawings, and other drawings prepared by fabricators, detailers and vendors;
Prepare technical specifications and construction scopes of work;
Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with project procedures;
Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with the change management processes;
Provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid
evaluations and purchase order preparation.
Provide field support during construction, including occasional field trips as necessary;
- Assist and support junior personnel within the structural engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the engineering team, structural designers and other project stakeholders.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What you will bring
Technical and Industry Experience
- Solid technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its clients.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple small projects simultaneously.
- Solid knowledge of the fundamental requirements of structural engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Solid knowledge of applicable local and international codes and standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite, MathCad and structural engineering specific software, including StaadPro and RISA-3D.
- Technical and practical experience in structural engineering in power networks, transmission, substation and other power and industrial type projects including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A BS or MS degree in civil / structural engineering.
- Professional Engineer license in Pennsylvania and/or New Jersey strongly preferred.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience preferred