Senior Structural Engineer - Floating Systems
What we offer you
- INTECSEA offers independent insight, engineering and project management to deliver full lifecycle asset management, in any offshore environment from concept to decommissioning.
- Backed by extensive technical expertise, INTECSEA people work with clients to turn complex challenges into practical results. Bringing real insight to support critical business decision making, their imagination can reveal unseen options. And they can help you choose solutions from all appropriate sources.
- With the full capability of Advisian and the wider Worley Group readily available, INTECSEA is the obvious choice. A leader, not a follower, committed to delivering value by collaborating with clients as well as competitors, INTECSEA’s independence of thought and action is clearly the informed choice for offshore infrastructure projects now and in the future.
Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Work as a structural engineer in design and analysis of TLP, Semi, Spar hull structural components under the direction of a lead engineer
- Work independently as a structural engineer in small projects in consultation with structural department lead to ensure work is executed in accordance with company procedures, project schedule and budget
- Assist in developing project Design Basis Good understanding of finite element theory; Ability to run finite element software ANSYS and SACS; Ability to perform plastic, contact and buckling finite element analysis
- Familiar with engineering programming languages (C and/or FORTRAN), be able to develop in-house software/tools to solve engineering problems
- Configure structural layout, perform local and global strength/fatigue analysis in accordance with Company Procedures
- Create and analyze computer model, coordinate with other analysts in the team
- Prepare engineering input to structural design drawings and coordinate with Drafting discipline lead in generation of drawings
- Write Technical Reports
- Create finite element model, and perform strength, fatigue and buckling analysis on steel structures. Check discipline calculation performed by others
Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in engineering discipline required
- 6 + experience required.
- Perform Finite Element Analysis by ANSYS program
- Perform Structural analysis by SACS program