Senior SPS Service Engineer - Controls
TechnipFMC | Malaysia, Kuala lumpur
Provide technical engineering support for planning and execution of subsea services related technical activities.
Technical support may be required during any of the following phases:
- EPC Project Execution
- Services Onshore/Offshore Activity Execution
- Tender Preparation
The Senior Control Engineer takes the leadership in onshore/offshore controls activities and has the technical ownership for that activity.
REPORTING LINES & INTERACTIONS:
Reports to: SPS Engineering Services Manager
Internal Key Interactions: SPS Operations Team, TFMC Engineering Departments (Systems Engineering, C&A, WCS, Structurse/Tie-ins,SURF), Project Team, QA/QC, HSE, Workshop Team and Technicians.
External Key Interactions:Suppliers & Client.
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- More than 5 years TECHNIPFMC experience or minimum of 6 years’ relevant industry experience. Detailed knowledge of at least one related subsea product line. Non TECHNIPFMC related candidates should have experience with a topside system supplier or from a related SPS controls system background.
- Proven enthusiastic self-learner with good and open attitude in learning new technology, system, skills and documentation process.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Knowledgeable of electrical system, PLC/DCS system, industrial instrumentation, network communications & configurations, and a basic understand of mechanical interfaces
- Knowledgeable of hydraulic system, familiar with HPU, TUTU, UTH, SDU, Manifold & XT hydraulic system.
- Preferable experience would include SCM, 150/200/200E control system, ETU, Smart Tool, Subsea distribution, topside controls, or network development.
- Good understanding of engineering practices, design methods and calculations
- Demonstrate good organization, project planning and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to lead at scopes independelty within a diverse team environment.
- Confident to present and communicate to all levels of internal and external personnel (including customer).
- Ability to read, interpret, & prepare applicable technical information & suggest design or process changes to ensure simple, functional, & cost effective results.
- Customer oriented attitude and the initiative and ability to work independently and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Vast engineering documentational experience, including writing procedures, work instruction, and MOC. Demonstrate some senior level of engineering capabilities including reviewing documents.
- Good organization, project planning and communication skills (minimum Internal Region level).
- Good prior hands-on experience in field environment such as operating HPU and Control Systems.
- Good command of verbal and written English.
- To lead, support and execute engineering deliverables in the field (Shop/Site Testing, Offshore Installation and Commisioning).
- Provide the technical expertise from Design Engineering to Offshore Installation and Commisioning. Execute offshore mobilization, testing, installation and commisioning.
- Responsible for engineering inputs and expertise to maintainance, preservation and refurbhisment of Life of Field equipments.
- Provide inputs and recommendations to design team on controls related equipment based on offshore know-how.
- Proactively participate in HSE initiatives and standards including Start Stops, JSAs and Risk Assessments.
- Provide Subsea Services support for all Project Controls related issues.
- Lead the Controls EFAT/SIT & collaborate with the product team during the FAT, pre-operational planning, onshore and offshore technical support, maintenance operations, troubleshooting field issues, root cause analysis and implementing preventive actions.
- To participate in Controls Product Group Design Review and responsible for the creation or updating of the relevant controls related (i.e ICP, TST, RPT, LST etc.) when required.
- Initiate and lead offshore planning and readiness reviews related to the TECHNIPFMC Control Systems to ensure all aspects of the offshore execution plan have been completed.
- Lead/support the offsite or offshore testing, completion, intervention, commissioning, upgrades and/or troubleshooting of TECHNIPFMC control systems.
- Provide the onshore technical support for ongoing Controls related operations , troubleshooting field issues, root cause analysis and implementing preventive actions.
- Act as technical focal point between TECHNIPFMC and customer for assigned projects.
- Initiate and lead after action reviews related to offshore installation and commissioning in order to gather lessons learnt and implement actions as required.
- Support all local, regional, and global initiatives to improve quality and operational efficiency.
- Time allocation estimate: 50% Offshore, 50% Office.
- Flexible to relocate to remote and non-remote locations and travel frequently for extended periods of time in field environment (5-35 day periods).
- All attributes and experience will be considered, but with the growth in control system complexity, the engineer will be required to attend various training courses to improve their product knowledge.