Senior Specialist Application Engineer
Arkema | Malaysia, Kuala lumpur
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- responsible for managing and supporting the engineering software applications such as Aveva P&ID, PDMS / E3D, COMOS, etc for engineering projects in KL
- Ensure that all project relevant software users have adequate support & access, and that software with corresponding interfaces is set-up and running correctly
- Plan and ensure that approved project requirements are implemented.
- Actively collect and provide project, engineering, interface and interdisciplinary information.
- Project standards/specifications and practice shall be implemented in the daily work within own responsibilities
- Establish and update detailed plans for the group activities and deliverables.
- Report progress to discipline lead on activities and deliverables against project schedule.
- Follow-up of verification activities to ensure quality in the discipline group work.
- Identify and implement changes according to change control procedure
- Co-ordination with Project Management team, Discipline Leads, Discipline Supervisors and Engineering organization as required.
- Report lessons learned to discipline lead with respect to working methods and working tools
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in IT for oil and gas
- Proactive and open minded
- Solutions oriented
- Relevant experience gained from at least two projects on software administration for oil and gas industry
- Good communication skills
- High level of self-motivation
- Cultural understanding
- Understand consequences of projects volume fluctuations
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities