Senior Road & Civil Engineer
- Deliver civil engineering services that meet Worley', its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise civil engineering project requirements.
- Perform civil engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations, and write purchase orders.
- If required, act as the Civil Engineering Supervisor on specific projects.
If supervision for a team:
- Outline project requirements including promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- Ensure the required services meet Worley,its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between Worley and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in civil engineering.
- If required, assist junior personnel within the civil engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the civil engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What you will bring
- Technical and Industry Experience
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
- Sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of civil engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Extensive use of civil engineering specific software.
- Extensive use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Substantial technical land practical experience in civil engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- A minimum of (12) years experience in construction and management of roads and civil works etc.
- Preferred to be fluent in Arabic & English.