Senior Reliability Engineer
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Conduct equipment related root cause analysis (RCA) and provide oversight for action tracking for failure elimination solutions
- Lead or coordinate Failure Modes and Effects Analysis/Streamline Reliability Centered Maintenance (FMEA/sRCM), PM Optimization studies to establish effective asset strategies for various equipment types
- Track the implementation of established asset strategies across the spectrum of asset care functions including: operator routine duties, preventative maintenance tasks, predictive maintenance tasks, condition monitoring, etc.
- Support inventory & Spare Parts Management Improvement Activities
- Uses data analysis techniques that could include: Statistical Process Control, Reliability modeling and prediction, Fault Tree Analysis, Weibull Analysis, Six Sigma (6σ) Methodology, database queries
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering; Electrical or Mechanical preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Proven experience in Reliability Engineering
- At least one Certification in Reliability Engineering
- Desired Certifications: Six Sigma (6σ) Methodology /Certified Reliability Engineer/ CMRP / SMRP/ Predictive Maintenance Techniques/ Root Cause Analysis/ Reliability Center Maintenance
- Relocation may be considered.
- Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
- Technical Background - Demonstrated work experience in oil and gas, chemical, pulp and paper, or mining operations. Maintenance, reliability, and/or facilities engineering experience including use of reliability techniques and tools such as Reliability Centered Maintenance, Root Cause Analysis, Equipment Criticality Assessments, RAM, Reliability modeling, and working knowledge of Asset Integrity. Prefer experience in implementing predictive maintenance methodologies: vibration, fluids and lubrication, Infrared/thermal, ultrasound, and electric motor analysis. Engineering degree required, electrical or mechanical preferred. Prefer six sigma training. Prefer experience in process automation.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to analyze data and information to make business decisions, communicate the identified equipment opportunities to improve the reliability and efficiency of equipment and processes and engage stakeholders/customers on resolution of these opportunities. Use of Lean Sigma or continuous improvement tools along with lessons learned, best practices, or standards to impact reliability and availability of equipment or processes. Prefer experience in querying databases.
- Communications and Teamwork - Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate orally and in writing with the ability to translate technical issues into user friendly communications. Demonstrated ability to lead a work team within functional disciplines. Fosters cooperation and collaboration among individuals. Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders.
- Project Management - Demonstrated ability to handle multiple work activities and projects, development of project plans and schedules to meet objectives, and focuses on processes as the means to achieve results.