Work within the Packaging Group to manage the Engineering and support services for the integration of electrical equipment. This role requires meeting the established engineering objectives within approved costs and timescale limits.
- Technical contribution Plan, monitor, coordinate and execute complex engineering tasks including the technical and quality targets established by ABB, sub supplying vendors and the customer.
- Acts as a design authority for engineering deliverables in all applicable engineering disciplines. May act as design authority for a particular engineering discipline and completes engineering assignments for that discipline.
- Develop and manage an engineering project plan, design reviews and design approvals between ABB, sub supplying vendors, subcontractors and the customer.
- Sales Support Maintain close contact with customers and project participants to identify and resolve issues of mutual concern and to seek opportunities for additional business. Ensure timely contract completion, customer satisfaction, and desired financial return.
- Planning and Control Develop status reports and modify plans or schedules, as necessary, to ensure contract parameters are met.
- Monitor the performance of subcontractors to ensure they satisfactorily fulfill their commercial and technical supply commitments.
- Customer Identify and pursue the resolution of problem areas likely to hinder the progress of work or payment of work completed to optimize the successful completion of and payment for project work.
- Supply chain management Supervise, plan and actively participate in the Factory Acceptance Test and Integrated Factory Acceptance Test with customer and/or other ABB units.
- Technical leadership and knowledge sharing Collaborates and networks with engineering colleagues within ABB and externally. Shares best practice across different projects and disciplines.
- We are looking for a candidate with Bachelor´s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- English advanced
- 8 years of experience
- You must also have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Ability to design and calculate the electrical requirements for fully integrated Power Distribution Centers.
- Requires ability to negotiate and influence decisions of senior Company managers and major customers.
- Working knowledge of IEEE/ANSI, NEMA, NETA, API, and PIP standards.
- Working knowledge of NEC, NESC, NOM and other codes as applicable to power distribution equipment.
- Ability to design, modify, and check control single line and three line diagrams, and electrical schematic diagrams for control of power distribution equipment.
- Ability to design, modify, and check electrical connection diagrams, inter-connection diagrams, and wire lists.