Senior Production Engineer
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Optimize plant operations and develop high performing operations team.
- Understands all applicable process technology, process safety, equipment and control technology, passing PSM Certifications for 660 Block Operations Units.
- Uses continuous improvement and troubleshooting methodology where appropriate for resolution of day to day production challenges.
- Work with plant personnel to optimize operations and meet business goals (production, cost, quality and lead time / cycle time).
- Owns/participates in effective root cause investigations to prevent recurrence of unplanned events.
- Participates in implementation of the Plant Training process.
- Has a full understanding of Corteva’s Manufacturing/Operations, Quality and Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures with the ability to translate them to implementation in the plant. This includes applicable elements in Corteva Agriscience Managements System work processes and enabling tools.
- Maintain, own, and review daily KPIs/ trends to ensure optimum performance as aligned with the assets of responsibility.
- Conduct daily review of communication tools utilized in facilities for management of operations tasks (Examples: Task List, Logbook, Alarm history, etc.) to better understand the plant operation and stay engaged with daily activities.
- Respond urgently to plant issues and emergencies. Act as a unit technical expert during unplanned events and drive implementation of effective corrective and preventative actions.
- Supports the diagnoses and documentation for the root causes of asset utilization (AU) losses.
- Participates, when required, in advanced trouble shooting and coaches others to learn these skills. Ensures findings are documented in Plant Operating Discipline for future usage.
- Supports plant roles in procedure usage, creation, reviews, updates and approvals.
- Supports plant operations effective implementation and utilization of Most Effective Technology.
- Scopes and implements small projects in line with their area of responsibility.
- Performs other Roles as determined by Plant and business needs (scope definition of capital projects, Man Rep, Production Coordinator, etc.) according to their defined role description.
- Function as mentor for process operators that are in training; required participant for PSM reviews of new employees.
- Provides coaching – both technical and non-technical for other operations personnel – i.e. peers, process operators and technical advisors.
- Support 660 Block as Reactive Chemical Coordinator and Process Safety Focal Point.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years or more of manufacturing experience is preferred.
- 7 or more years of manufacturing experience.