Senior Product Design Engineer- Topside Controls (Hydraulic)
TechnipFMC | Malaysia, Kuala lumpur
- Reviews and interprets technical requirements and independently creates Topside Hydraulic Equipment ( e.g. HPU ) designs and procedures.
- Technical focal point for the 3rd party supplied Hydraulic equipment.
- Provides technical product support and guidance through project life cycle from tender phase through design, manufacture, assembly, test and installation.
REPORTING LINES & INTERACTIONS:
- Reports To: Product Engineering Manager/Group Leader
- BS or MS in Engineering.
- Generally, 10 years of relevant industry experience.
- Sound discipline knowledge of Hydraulic Systems, and pressure safety requirements.
- Knowledge of HPU design including the related Electrical/Instrumentation. Able to perform the calculation related to sizing the HPU and its subcomponents. Prior experience in designing Hydraulic Power Units for subsea application will be preferred
- Knowledge of the relevant industry standards including the requirements related to the equipment designs for various area classifications.
- Detailed knowledge of Topside controls equipment for Subsea and general awareness of overall Subsea Production Systems.
- Sound understanding of Engineering practices, design methods & calculations.
- Ability to read, interpret & prepare applicable technical information & suggest design or process changes to ensure functional and cost effective results.
- Must have the drive and initiative to independently communicate, gather information and make sound engineering decisions.
- Demonstrated effective presentation skills and ability to control and drive meetings or discussions.
- General understanding of economic factors (cost, profit, impact of decisions) affecting assignment area.
- Shows evidence of good organization and some project planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to guide and mentor others and demonstrate some degree of leadership ability.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Strong in both verbal and written technical communication.
- Good PC skills (word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software).
- JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and interpret customer technical specifications and industry codes.
- Analyze, create and review product design packages from concept phase through to final assembly.
- Develop and review engineering documents, including specifications, drawings, MEL (Master Equipment List), DBI (Data Base Information), ECN (Engineering Change Notice), design documents and procedures.
- Facilitate design reviews.
- Check the work of drafters, designers and other engineers.
- Interface with Vendors and function as technical focal point for the assigned scope.
- Provide technical support to equipment manufacturing, fabrication, assembly, test and installation activities.
- Investigate non-conformances and provide technical disposition. Identify root cause of any technical problems and propose solutions to ensure corrective and preventive actions are implemented.
- Effectively guide and mentors others.
- Actively participate in department discussions relating to technical issues, lessons learnt, organizational development etc.
- Actively participate in planning and scheduling of assigned projects.
- Provide engineering support to tender activities.
- Responsible for quality and on-time-delivery of assigned tasks.
- Ensure good personal time management and weekly time entry into SAP system.
- Provide input to and support improvements to processes or work instructions.
- Ensures that assignments conform to Engineering processes, guidelines and specifications.
- Understand and comply with HSE & Quality policies.
- Visibly show commitment to HSE & Quality through participation in safety and quality initiatives.
- Actively increases industry knowledge and awareness of new technologies through establishing contacts within the global organization and through wider industry publications, forums etc.