Senior Process Systems Engineer
- Executes a system’s major deliverables outlined above according to a set engineering design criteria utilising approved engineering procedures and practices.
- Prepares, coordinates, and reviews designs, studies, reports and proposals.
- Experience with specialised engineering hydraulic programs such as Aspen flare system analyser, Pipeflo, PIPENET etc to interpret or complete calculations.
- Experienced with the use of 3D model software such as SmartPlant Review in order to review the physical design of a plant or drive the client attended model review.
- Takes the initiative to coordinate the detailed design development of a system with other engineering disciplines while managing workload and meeting schedule due dates.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Piping & Instrument Diagrams development
- Line Designation Tables development
- Hydraulic calculations – for pumps, compressors, control valves, and line sizing
- Flare design and PSV sizing
- Design Pressure and Temperature Diagrams development – analysing and determining piping systems design conditions
- Technical Lists development – such as equipment list, PSV list, Specialty Items list
- 3D Model Review execution – organising and participating in a review of the physical design of systems
- Vendor Print Review execution – commenting on deviations from a set of technical design criteria provided to a vendor
- HAZOP Review execution – organising technical documentation and participating in a hazard and operability review of a system
- Piping Specialty Item and Relief Valve Datasheet development – define a set of technical criteria and conditions for vendors to use to design engineered items
- BEng/Meng degree in chemical engineering
- Knows technical theory, engineering principles, good engineering practices and how to apply them for design execution
- Familiarity with major regulations and industry codes and standards affecting standard design, quality or processes
- Skills in oral and written communication for reports and presentations